I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Packer on Arminianism

"Where the Arminian, therefore, will be content to say: "I decided for Christ," "I made up my
mind to be a Christian," the Calvinist will wish to speak of his conversion in more
theological fashion, to make plain whose work it really was:
"Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's night:
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray;
I woke; the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off: my heart was free:
I rose, went forth, and followed thee."
Clearly, these two notions of internal grace are sharply opposed to each other."
                           -  J.I. Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment