I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Say thanks

Recently I have felt the need to thank people who have influenced me in the past.  Those people who made me who I am today. There was a church that I went to when I was a single man of 26, a long time ago. The pastor and his wife, were a great influence on my life. They had me over for meals and hospitality as a single guy for a good home cooked meal and great conversation. When I got married, I invited him and his wife to my wedding, because I wanted them to be there. I look back on those times with fond memories.
 The pastor has retired and moved across the country.  I asked for his address and recently wrote to him just to say thanks, and to let him know what his ministry meant to me. I will not mention his name, because I know he would not want any credit given to him, that's just the way he is. But I wrote t them just to tell him I am striving to pass it on to the next generation, and on past that.
I want to encourage anyone who has influenced you in the past to write to them, cal them, or email.
I am sure they will want to know they are not forgotten, and it would be a blessing to hear about it.
                                      -   T. Meiers

No comments:

Post a Comment