I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spurgeon for today

"It would make us leap upon our feet in astonishment if we did but understand this thoroughly- the wonderful mystery of the transposition of Christ and the sinner! Let me put it so plainly that everyone can understand: Christ was spotless; sinners were vile. Says Christ, 'My Father, treat me as if I were a sinner. Threat the sinner as if he were Me. Smite as sternly as Though pleases, for I will bear it. Thus the heart of Thy love may overflow with grace, and yet Thy justice be unsullied, for the sinner is no sinner now.' He stands in Christ's stead; and with the Savior's garments on, he is accepted."
C.H Spurgeon- From a sermon delivered July 19, 1857

No comments:

Post a Comment