I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Philippians 4:13

"You can see there, that when the apostle says, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me, he is speaking about contentment. In any circumstance, he had learned to be content by depending on Christ who gave him the strength to persevere in any situation.

And that is a perspective that we are called to emulate. In fact, immediately before the verses cited above, Paul writes in verse 9:

(9) The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

He tells his readers to follow his example, and then he immediately talks about contentment. Clearly, the attitude that Paul possessed is one that should characterize us as well."
   -  Nathan Busentitz

No comments:

Post a Comment