I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Heaven

"if books go beyond Scripture, I doubt what they say about heaven. … And since doubted claims are of little use for living our lives, I don't bother to read these books since I have my Bible which already tells me what I can know for sure about heaven.".             - John Piper
Writing for The Gospel Coalition,
Nancy Guthrie said "[W]e do not need the testimony of an impressionable 4-year-old boy, a neurosurgeon, spine surgeon, sports writer, or even a pastor to know that heaven is real. We have everything we need in the Bible. Its testimony is enough to generate genuine faith in Christ, as well as a greater longing for unending life in his presence."

No comments:

Post a Comment