I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

No Fear

"If you've known me for long, you know that I am not a big fan of fear. I want to be full of love, not fear.
There is, however, one "fear" that I embrace and want more of. That is Fear of the Lord. Not "I'm afraid" fear, but "I'm in awe" Fear. The acknowledgement of unbridled power and our lack of ability to control or manipulate Him. Which leads to only one desirable response...humble submission to God, His will, and His ways.
Proverbs says, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. May this one Fear dwell deepest in our hearts."
                           -  Carl Medieas

No comments:

Post a Comment