I hope you enjoy

An odd combination of Reformed theology posts, Bob Dylan out takes, gluten-free recipes, thoughts of mine, and anything else I find interesting on the interwebs. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

I could never do that

"The remedy to "I could never do that" is twofold. First, we need to remember that one sin is not more damning than another. The hierarchy of sins we have in our minds has more to do with perceived societal damage caused than anything else. Your self-righteousness needs a savior just as much as someone else's fornication. Second, we need to be honest about our own propensity for sin. It's not that we would never do certain sins; it's often that we've never been given the chance. We use the phrase "but for the grace of God there go I," and much of that grace is the circumstances God gave us as protected church folk."
                       -  Barnabas Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment